Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Going the Distance

Over the last few weeks, it has become quite clear that in order to run for president you are not only responsible for what do and say but what anybody you've ever been associated with does and says.

As a result of all this , I've learned that if I ever want to run for president or the school board, I need to distance myself from the people in my life that have said or thought something racist, sexist, unpatriotic or offensive. I want this to be clear and unequivocal so that the MSM can not search into my past and knock any future candidacy of mine off message due to these shady associations. So in addition to distancing myself from anybody that has ever said or thought something racist, sexist, unpatriotic or offensive, I'm going to distance myself from anybody that has ever witnessed somebody else say something racist, sexist, unpatriotic or offensive.

So here goes....

I officially renounce, denounce and reject:

Everyone.

Moore for President 2016.

I'm Josh Moore and I approve this message.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Josh, did you or did you not once rent "Wedding Crashers"?

Anthony Palmer, Ph.D. said...

There was a very good and funny column in the Washington Post about this very subject about two or three weeks ago. I wish I remember who wrote it because I was going to use it as a source for something I wanted to write about on my own site. Basically, it sarcastically said something to the effect of "I apologize for what my hairdresser's friend's puppy's veterinarian said about her brother's poor judgment when he purchased a lemon. We didn't mean to offend citrus farmers with that comment" or something similar. If I can find it, I'll post the link here. It's just an article about how absurd our politics have become and how easily offended everyone is.

Anthony Palmer, Ph.D. said...

I found it!

link here

It's by Michael Kinsley and is called "Offense Taken." It's worth a read.