Friday, May 9, 2008

George W. Bush Superstar

George and Laura - the new Spencer and Heidi.

One of the sure signs that I am a bleeding-heart liberal is my pure fascination with movies directed by Oliver Stone. I have always thought of Stone as someone who just did not care what people thought of his movies. He wasn't going to try to please you. If you like his movies, that is just incidental. Stone just makes movies about stuff that is interesting to him.

But I was a little blown away to hear that Stone is making a movie about George W. Bush, called simply W. And isn't it ballsy that he cast the stepson of Barbra Streisand, Josh Brolin, as Dubya? Yes it is. At the time this post was published, I could not confirm nor deny rumors that Stone was casting Gollum in the role of Vice-President Dick Cheney. ("My precious, precious waterboarding techniques.") I will keep checking with my sources in Hollywood though.

Next spring will allow us to revisit Bush versus Gore when W. tries to pick up more Academy Awards than that Al Gore movie on global warming.

No comments: