Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The First Lady of Hotness

"What can I do to get you to vote for my husband for president?"

On a post I wrote on November 3rd of last year, I relayed the story of how a disastrous case of food poisoning stranded me in Albany for a week which led to me canceling a planned trip to New York City. As luck would have it, the 2000 Republican National Convention was on the telly that week. As you probably can guess, I cried myself to sleep every day of that drea

I was staying with my fraternity brother C in Albany. C is a great guy. He never complained about having a weak-stomached friend around for a week. He even watched the Republican National Convention with me. Our commentary of the events turned out to be pretty entertaining. Whenever Governor George W. Bush was shown, I was like, "Whaaaaat an idiot!" Some of the resulting commentary, while surprising at the time, turned out to be quite prescient. When Laura Bush made her first appearance, my friend C said, "I bet she was a hot piece of ass in her time. No way is she a conservative."

Fast forward seven years later. We all know about the George W. Bush presidency and its "effectiveness." Filmmaker extraordinaire Oliver Stone is going to weigh in sometime later this year with his movie "W.," about the life and times of George W. Bush. In the role of Laura Bush, Stone has cast Elizabeth Banks. You probably know her from "Scrubs" and "Fred Claus" and "The Forty Year Old Virgin" and "Spiderman 3." I phoned my friend C up before I wrote this and asked if Banks has the right amount of hotness to play his old paramour Laura Bush. He said, "Hell yes!"

Don't worry, ladies. Oliver Stone is thinking about y'all as well. To play George W. Bush, he has cast that most rugged of men, Josh Brolin. And Ioan Gruffudd will play the dreamy Tony Blair.

2 comments:

The_Bad said...

Historians have already blasted Stone’s picture to be totally inaccurate. Not surprising, considering this is the same man that made the ridiculous fiction piece “JFK”. I wouldn’t be surprised if Stone had a scene with Bush remote controlling the planes into the WTC.

Thomas said...

I am with you in questioning Oliver Stone being accurate with his movies. But I also find that they are so out there that I can't help but be entertained.

I remember hearing that his movie "World Trade Center" was seen as fair and balanced by even some conservative commentators, The Bad.