Friday, April 4, 2008

Storm Cloud

"I feel like raining on some people's parades."

Uh-oh. It seems like Bill Maher is going to talk about world religions in a movie called "Religulous." I don't know too much about Mr. Maher but I do know that he deals in controversy. I also know that many of our religious right leaders feel like they have ownership over religion and that any interpretations that differ from their views are seen as anti-religious. Is it safe to say that sparks will fly when this movie comes out? I just hope that Pat Robertson does not send a hurricane to Bill Maher's house. Maher might want to see if he has hurricane insurance. I'm just saying.

I see Larry Charles directed this movie. It says it right there. See, right there. I loved the last movie he directed, "Borat." Yet I also know Larry Charles directed that Bob Dylan movie "Masked and Anonymous." A movie I hated, hated, hated. I feel like I will never back my $8.50 back even though I attended a free press screening. If you have ever wondered why I don't go ga-ga over Dylan, "Masked and Anonymous" is the reason why.

"Masked and Anonymous." Oh, the horror...the horror...

No comments: